What the Deuce: Happy New Year

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year

Happy New Year everyone! I spent midnight with my girlfriend at her house in New Jersey. It was different than going out and getting drunk in a club, but just as much fun.

Other thoughts:

Thank God the Lions season is over. Hopefully, management will get a clue and restructure management. Matt Millen needs to hire a coach who will crack the whip. Who this is, I don't know.

I am excited to watch the New Year's bowls. Besides Texas v. USC, I am very interested to watch PSU take on Florida State. I think Florida State's defense is the key to this game - if they play as well as they did against VT and Miami, even without AJ Nicholson, they have a good shot of winning. I am going with FSU in this one.

Also, in the Fiesta Bowl, I am curious to see ND's offense versus Ohio State's defense. Honestly, I have no idea what is going to happen in this game. ND's offense played well most of the season, but I don't know if they have played a defense of Ohio State's caliber. Cheering for either team in this game is weird - like picking between kissing your sister and your mom. I think with over a month to prepare for this game, Charlie Weiss will have the Irish ready and they will win in a defensive struggle.

Finally, I hope Texas beats USC just so that I can harass my roommate. He's your typical bandwagon SC fan, he's the sports equivalent of Tara Reid - he'll take his shirt off for whoever is hot that season. Just the possibility of him crying after SC loses makes me as a happy as a kid on Christmas.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home